RESOURCES & LINKS
Kentucky Democratic Party Websites
Official Kentucky Information
National Democratic Websites
Other Sites of Interest
Kentucky Legislative Research Commission
http://lrc.ky.gov Services LRC provides include: committee staffing, bill drafting, oversight of the state budget and educational reform, production of educational materials, maintenance of a reference library and Internet site, and the preparation and printing of research reports, informational bulletins and a legislative newspaper.
Fayette County Clerk-Voter Registration Information:
162 East Main Street
Lexington, KY 40507
The Fayette County Clerk’s office is located in downtown Lexington, KY, at the corner of Martin Luther King Boulevard and Main Street.
Absentee Voting Requirements:
The following voters qualify to cast a ballot by mail. They must fill out an application in order for a ballot to be mailed. An application may be requested in person, by phone, or in writing. Applications may only be requested by the voter, the voter’s spouse, parent, or child.
- A person who due to age, disability, or illness will be unable to go to the polls on election day
- A student who temporarily resides outside the county in which he/she is registered. The ballot must be mailed to the voter out of county.
- A person who temporarily resides outside the state but who is still eligible to vote in this state (this includes vacationers). The ballot must be mailed to the voter out of state.
- A person who is incarcerated in jail who has been charged with a crime but has yet to be convicted of the crime.
- A person whose employment location requires him/her to be absent from the county on election day and all hours and days absentee voting by machine is conducted in the clerk’s office.
- Military personnel confined to a military base on election day.
- Members of the Armed Forces and their dependents who will be out of the county on election day.
- Voters who reside overseas but are still eligible to vote in the county.
You may vote in person on a machine in the Fayette County Clerk’s office during regular business hours beginning 28 days before each election if you are:
- A voter who will be outside the county on election day.
- A student who temporarily resides outside the county in which he/she is registered who will be out of the county on election day.
- A voter who is a member of the Armed Forces or a dependent of a member of the Armed Forces and will be out of the county on election day.
- A voter who is a member of the Armed Forces who will be confined to a base within the county on election day and who learns of that confinement within seven days or less of the election.
- A voter who is a US citizen residing overseas and will be out of the county on election day.
- A voter or spouse of a voter who has surgery scheduled that will require hospitalization on election day.
- A woman in her last trimester of pregnancy.
For more information, go to the http://www.fayettecountyclerk.com/fcc/ web site
or call (859) 255-VOTE (8683).